Once upon a time, Em ran a Livejournal community called stephensix
, where she organized all of her favorite video clips of Stephen Colbert. Eventually she decided that it would be easier to organize everything on del.icio.us.
The new stephensix
is intended only as to be place where I can archive and easily find my personal favorites from The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and various related shows. Everything is tagged, and the tags are organized in nifty bundles. I do update fairly frequently; feel free to subscribe to the RSS feed
or the LJ syndication
if you like my picks.Or maybe you're looking for some music...Title
→ Passionately from the Heart - Songs of Love and OpinionNotes
→ This is a compilation of songs by the greatest musical talent in the pundit industry, plus some bonus material at the end. If Stephen Colbert has sung it, it's on this album. "Charlene?" Definitely here. "Singin' in Korean?" We've got it. "Dancing Muchachos" from Exit 57? Oh yeah.Updates
→ This album is updated periodically as Stephen releases new material; a complete and dated list of updates follows.Something to add?
→ If you have an mp3 that I've missed or a link to a performance I've overlooked, feel free to comment!Comments are |
→ the heroes out there may have noticed that all of Wikiality's music links are down, so I spent a lot of time gathering and extracting audio files; I think there's even some songs here that Wikiality didn't have. I learned to use several new programs over the course of this project, too, including WireTap, TubeTV, and avidemux. The gist of all this is please comment if you download the mix
. I put a lot of time into collecting and converting everything, and it's nice to know when someone's snagging. (Ego much?) :D
Deciding what to keep
→ there are a couple of instances where Stephen sings that I didn't include here - essentially anything under fifteen seconds in length or anything where it was difficult to hear his voice. The bit where he sings in the Daily Show parking lot in a viking helmet, the report from the 2004 National Democratic Convention, and the Columbus Day toss are just a few of the clips that were too short or too unintelligible to include. Beyond that, I did my best to find all of his musical performances; sorry if I missed something!
→ lots of people contributed advice, links, and downloads to this project. In particular, thank you to greenbird
, and tellcincinnati
for your help. Hopefully I remembered everyone - please let me know if I skipped you.Update record
- transferred album from original post
; re-uploaded zip file; added You Are the Best, Eine Kleine Katzemusik, Correspondents' Anthem.
→ Enjoy!~ ^^
passionately from the heart
songs of love and opinion by stephen colbert
「 complete zip on megaupload
; reloaded 9/4/08 」
part the first → the early years
part the second → the colbert report
- Questions I Already Know - with Steve Carell and assorted others. A downright ancient Second City sketch.
- The Devil Went Down to Georgia - with Paul Dinello. Features dueling bassoons...kind of.
- Avalanche Rap - with Wayne Brady, Colin Mochrie, and Ryan Stiles. From Stephen's appearance on Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
- Dancing Muchachos - from the Exit 57 sketch.
- Mary (The Dead Girl) - from Exit 57.
- Dust in the Wind - SwC 2x03.
- Carry On My Wayward Son/Kansas Medley - Strangers with Candy cast. From the ending credits of SwC 2x03, featuring those memorable red leather pants.
- The King of Glory - again, from the credits of SwC 2x09.
- Believe - from an ice skating investigation on The Daily Show.
- 2004 Oscars Sketch - From The Daily Show. Features Stephen singing in several instances, so I left the majority of the segment intact.
- The Daily Show Correspondants' National Anthem - with Sam, Ed, and Rob. (Added 9/4/08)
bonus part → songs that are kinda sorta related
- Charlene - ostensibly by Stephen and the Colberts.
- Singin' in Korean
- The Girl Is Mine - with John Legend.
- I Write the Songs - with Barry Manilow.
- They All Laughed - with Tony Bennett.
- On the Road Again - with Willie Nelson and Richard Holbrooke.
- Let My People Go - with Andrew Young and Malcolm Gladwell.
- This Land Is Your Land
- National Anthem - with Conan O'Brien. From the epic feud.
- Mrs. Colbert - you are all Mrs. Colbert.
- National Anthem - with John Hall.
- Dance with Me - with John Hall.
- All Star Guitar Jam - with various guitar legends.
- Hiphopketball 2: The Rejazzebration Remix 06 - with Karim Abdul Jabar.
- The Colbert Report Theme - by Cheap Trick.
- The Colbert Report Theme - ending version.
- Tek Jansen Theme
- You Are the Best - by Jason Baker, from Tek Jansen. (Added 9/4/08)
- Stephen, Stephen - by the Apples In Stereo.
- The Daily Show Theme - by They Might Be Giants.
- Pride of America - from The Daily Show, circa 2001.
- Eine Kleine Katzemusik - Stephen's handpicked papal tune. (Added 9/4/08)
- The God Machine - opening of "This Week in God." Not technically a song, but still Stephen making funny noises.
- Strangers with Candy Theme - from the first season.